Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Mason McCray Lukenbill

Mason McCray entered the world at 7:09 pm on June 22nd; he weighed 12.5 oz and was 10.5 inches long.   We started the labor process at 7:00 pm Wednesday June 21st and I delivered Mason 24 hours later.  It's an experience I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through; I don't think I've ever been in so much physical and emotional pain at the same time.  It's gut wrenching knowing that you have to go through the labor process but you know the end result is no good...I don't get to take home our baby.  

Mason came out looking just like his big brother, Grady.  I think he was going to be the spitting image of him, he already had his nose, lips, and chin.  I miss knowing that Grady won't get to be the big brother he was so excited to be; I was looking forward to watching him be a big brother.  He was going to be the best!  That isn't to say that we won't try to have more children but Grady will be older and I LOVE the age he is at right now.  

I miss you and love you Mason McCray.